Tuesday 27 April 2010

Compromise and Success

One of the most powerful moments in my life was at the end of the First Sphere when the Ishayas suggested that I ask myself:
“Where in my life am I compromising?”

It absolutely blew my socks off because compromise was the last thing I wanted to do, yet when directly examined under such a spotlight I saw my life was riddled with compromise.

It was a powerful motivator to move, to go beyond my cosy situation and start to realise what I really wanted to do in life. It remains a potent guide.

This question requires knowing where you are heading - what you consider to be success. Success could mean making a million pounds, or simply getting out of bed every morning. I love that because it’s completely personal, is different depending on which part of your life you are talking about, and changes over time.

So: How do you personally know you are compromising? What is compromise to you? What is success? How do you know you are living a full life?

No comments: