Tuesday 27 April 2010

Giving it the Buddha

If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.
Buddha


I've read a lot of Buddhist books. Before Ascension I would read in them about unconditional giving, how the most powerful giving is that done without concern or regard for the result, without interest for getting anything. This threw me, because I looked at my giving at the time and saw how I always gave to get.

I couldn't understand how someone could actually give unconditionally. Nevertheless, I tried really hard to act in an enlightened way, I attempted to give like Buddha would. Don't think it worked terribly well... I've seen since that trying to act like the enlightened never does.

Ascension has been great for me - its given me an experience of what all those great teachers have taught throughout time. The more I gently choose for the Ascendant, the more I understand what they are talking about.

I find myself living a life that is lining up with Truth. Grace is in the driving seat, and a willingness to stay open and submit to the timetable of God allows her to get on with the job without me tugging on the handbrake.

I now see myself giving without wanting to get something from the other person, and now I understand. I love to give because it makes me feel joyful, it expands my experience of life.

Its a funny thing - some people give love so they can experience more love. Or they give money so they can get more money. The joy contained in the act of giving is more than enough. So, if you really want to get pedantic, its not unconditional, but as it makes me feel free I don't really care anymore.

I love how you make one choice for the Ascendant, now, and your life naturally lines up like a compass naturally seeks north. You don't have to try and replicate an enlightened life, but you start living it because thats what brings you the most joy.

You don't have to guess what is right action, right action becomes you.

You might remember a few years ago there was a fashion for wearing wrist bands which had WWJD? on them - standing for What Would Jesus Do?

But I imagine Jesus (and Buddha, for that matter) might ask: What Would You Do?

Those tricky fellows, they're always pointing the finger back at your own heart.

No comments: